Thursday, March 17, 2011

Here Goes Nothing!

They say it's all about transformation. I like that. Taking your old self (habits, attitudes, ideas, beliefs, doubts, weaknesses, strengths) and working hard to change all of it into something new. I like that it reminds me this is a process and that hopefully where I end up will a much better - stronger, healthier, happier - place than where I am beginning. Transformation speaks of change that is significant. It's a destination worthy of a big reveal, like election day results or Oscar nominations. Something you look forward to with great anticipation, where the end result is both surprising and expected all at the same time. A transformation is work with the end in sight, little goals and big victories, change that happens both inside of you and on the outside. And transformation begins by taking a step outside yourself and holding yourself accountable and responsible to a standard noone expects of you. And to me, that's part of the fun. You never know the ways you'll change until you give it all you've got.

So, that's where I'm at today. Committing to change, to make this transformation of mine something big, something significant, something that requires so much effort and work that the results will be impressive, inspirational and real. I know who I've been in the past. Here's to discovering who I can become.

No comments:

Post a Comment