Sunday, June 26, 2011

Back in the Saddle

Well, this post is indication that old habits die hard. Like my many previous failed attempts, I couldn't/didn't stick with it again.

This time things are going to change. I'm sick of excuses, I'm tired of starting and stopping and doing it over again and again and again. I'm finished doing things halfway and facing another tomorrow regretting today. I think know that this will be a real challenge and it's time to get real with myself about it. No more of that. None.

So here it is in black and white.

My reasons for making the decision to change:
I'm strong, but I know I could be stronger. I hate walking around, having people look at me and not putting my best foot forward. I want my outside appearance to reflect my inner strength. I want my inner strength to be reflected in the way I look and feel. I want other people to notice my strengths just by looking at me. I want to exude confidence and be the picture of happiness, health and strength. I want to stop living for tomorrow, stop dreaming up a future that will be better when..., start enjoying every moment I've been given and really live. I need to get to a happy place where I'm satisfied with me and so I can be the best I can be for those around me. And I say, the sooner the better. And now is pretty soon, isn't it?!

My most important, specific accomplishments needed, within 12 weeks, to be pleased with the progress of my body and life are:
Several times per day - Within 12 weeks I will loose 20 lbs of fat by stopping eating low-nutrient, high calorie foods. I'll stop eating to eat and start thinking of eating as a way to fuel my body to do what it was made to do.
Every day - Within 12 weeks, I will plan my meals and exercise in advance every day. I'll keep myself accountable by writing everything down and reviewing it.
Weekly - Within 12 weeks, I will be trained and toned to run a sub 4 hour marathon by not missing a single workout. When I need motivation, I'll read a BFL forum.
Monthly - Within 12 weeks, I will need an entire new wardrobe. I'll get rid of my old clothes once and for all.
Challenge - Within 12 weeks, I will be in control of my emotional eating. This will be a constant battle, but I'm confident I can overcome it if I work at it.

Just think, if I'd stuck with it the first time around, I'd be sitting here, finished my challenge and reflecting on how far I'd come. Huh. I'm done with dreaming. It's time to start transforming my reality into something a little more like the life of my dreams.

So, here's to jumping in with two feet and seeing what I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment